Winter Travel Can Be Very Hazardous.
Why not increase your odds of getting there safely?
Ready.Gov published the following list on how to:
"Make An Emergency Kit For Your Car"
"In case you are stranded, keep a kit of emergency supplies in your car including
- Jumper cables: might want to include flares or reflective triangle
- Flashlights: with extra batteries
- First Aid Kit: remember any necessary medications, baby formula and diapers if you have a small child
- Food: non-perishable food such as canned food, and protein rich foods like nuts and energy bars
- Manual can opener
- Water: at least 1 gallon of water per person a day for at least 3 days
- Basic toolkit: pliers, wrench, screwdriver
- Pet supplies: food and water
- Radio: battery or hand cranked
- Cat litter or sand: for better tire traction
- Ice scraper
- Clothes: warm clothes, gloves, hat, sturdy boots, jacket and an extra change of clothes for the cold
- Blankets or sleeping bags
- Charged Cell Phone: and car charger"