Are you looking for a place to show off your newly restored or customized car? If your answer is yes, then our team at Mechanics Direct in Lowell has a few suggestions for you. After you drive away from our auto repair shop in your mechanical masterpiece, why not head on over to a car show or racetrack in New England? Our auto mechanics, who are experts in performance and restoration, have compiled a list of the top car show and racetrack destinations in the New England area.
Mechanics Direct is one of the rare few auto repair shops in the country capable of servicing the Acura NSX. These speed demons require a delicate touch, and our auto mechanics are always up for the challenge.
Based on our passion and experience for racing, we also know which race tracks are the best in the business:
- New England Dragway: Along with having a racetrack, this facility also hosts quite a few car shows as well. We like to say it has the best of both worlds.
- New Hampshire Motor Speedway: This site boasts a 1.058-mile oval speedway and has hosted NASCAR racing since the 1990s.
If you aren’t into racing but are still looking to show off your car, our team recommends one of these exciting car shows:
- UMass Lowell Cars and Caffeine Car Show, Lowell, MA: A joint fundraiser hosted by the College of Engineering and River Hawk Racing, raising funds to build their racecar for the Formula SAE Lincoln Competition This fun car show has something for everyone. You can enter your car into the show, or you can peruse all the fun customized vehicles.
- World of Wheels: Held in Boston, MA, this event has special guest appearances and a wide variety of exhibitors, along with it being the premier custom car show in North America.
- 1A Auto Charity Car Show & Fundraiser in Pepperell, MA: This car show is for a good cause. It raises money for both multiple sclerosis and scholarships for high schools in the local community. You can raise money for a good cause while doing something you love. We think this is a win-win situation!
- Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline, MA: Host to 25 Car Show Lawn Events each year, almost every weekend from May through October. They feature a variety of different themes, everything from European and American cars to Alternative Fuel vehicles, Trucks, Hot Rods, European Motorcycles and more. While you’re there don’t forget to check out the antique vehicles in the museum boasting “America’s Oldest Car Collection” since the early 1900’s.
It doesn’t matter your goal. If you're hoping to break a new track record or win a trophy at the next car show, our team of auto mechanics will do everything in their power to get you there. It all began in 1983 when Mitch Smith modified his first car, a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Coupe, and he hasn’t looked back since.
Now, Mitch and his team of talented and passionate professionals are the go-to choice for performance and restoration throughout Lowell. If you have any questions about your car, call Mechanics Direct or schedule your appointment online. We’re located at 1375 Middlesex St. in Lowell, MA 01851.