6 GO GREEN-BE GREEN DRIVING TIPS FOR YOUby Mechanics Direct August 31, 2017
When behind the wheel of your vehicle, always try to observe Green Driving habits to keep your fuel economy & emissions levels at their very best.
- Reduce drag by keeping your windows rolled up & your air conditioner or heater on.
- Avoid sudden accelerations and decelerate gradually when safely possible.
- Shut off the engine & try not to idle for more than 2 minutes at a time.
- Driving at speeds over 70 MPH increases emissions – slow down & go green.
- Plan your routes to avoid redundant trips for errands and appointments.
- When driving on an uncrowded highway – use your cruise control.
Go Green-Be Green!
Wendy, Mechanics Direct